Production Associate, Entry 1st shift Flat Metal Assembly Dept
Posted on: June 17, 2022
This is a safety sensitive position.
On floor, bench or conveyor lines, performs diversified and
intricate assembly and manufacturing operations on a variety of
products. Lays out and determines operations sequence. Assists and
works with different automatic and semiautomatic machinery in the
factory as well as performing manual tasks.
* Checks product for quality and completeness.
* Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
* Performs various tasks and processes in manufacturing
* Helps in performing set-ups by checking materials and getting
necessary tools and jigs to manufacture products.
* Inspects the finished product for good quality and for the
correct color, measurements, label and material used.
* Works at different workstations to meet production
* Works overtime as needed.
* Works under direct supervision on duties and tasks that are
standardized, selecting from written instructions and established
* Resolves routine questions and problems, referring more complex
issues to higher levels.
* Must be able to work in a team of employees rotating various job
functions with team members.
* Must work under minimal or no supervision.
* Minimizes the scrapped material being produced by machinery.
* Keeps record of inventory in an accurate and efficient manner on
a daily basis.
* Routes product accordingly within the department. Follows all the
safety regulations and procedures. Able to identify potential
hazards in the work area.
* Able to operate various machines, equipment or tools used in
* Attends all scheduled safety meetings.
* Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* A minimum of 3 months to one year of prior related experience is
* Applies basic and develops advanced skills in procedures,
techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to
area of specialization.
* Must have good working ability with hand tools.
* Able to distinguish among the different colors available and
measurement of products.
* Knowledge of basic math skills, reading and interpreting blue
prints, use of tape measure, and knowledge of various machines,
manufacturing or assembly processes is preferred.
* Must be flexible with required working hours, including
* Must be flexible within the department and willing to flex to
other departments as needed
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to chest and shoulder
level. Occasionally push and/or pull up to 100 pounds with a manual
or electrical pallet jack. Must be able to withstand 8 to 10 hours
on a concrete surface. Will be using hydraulic and electrical hand
tools, such as the pneumatic drill, glue gun, hammer, and rivet
machine. Must wear applicable and proper protective equipment
including, but not limited to, protective eye and/or hearing
equipment to safely perform job duties. Must be able to adjust
physically to normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate
heat and cold) and adapt quickly to physical applications requiring
varying motor skills.
Keywords: Virco, Conway , Production Associate, Entry 1st shift Flat Metal Assembly Dept, Professions , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!