Production Associate, Entry 1st shit WoodShop Lami
Company: Virco MFG. Corpoation
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionSafety Statement:This is a safety sensitive
position.Job Purpose:On floor, bench or conveyor lines, performs
diversified and intricate assembly and manufacturing operations on
a variety of products. Lays out and determines operations sequence.
Assists and works with different automatic and semiautomatic
machinery in the factory as well as performing manual
- Checks product for quality and completeness.
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Performs various tasks and processes in manufacturing
- Helps in performing set-ups by checking materials and getting
necessary tools and jigs to manufacture products.
- Inspects the finished product for good quality and for the
correct color, measurements, label and material used.
- Works at different workstations to meet production
- Works overtime as needed.
- Works under direct supervision on duties and tasks that are
standardized, selecting from written instructions and established
- Resolves routine questions and problems, referring more complex
issues to higher levels.
- Must be able to work in a team of employees rotating various
job functions with team members.
- Must work under minimal or no supervision.
- Minimizes the scrapped material being produced by
- Keeps record of inventory in an accurate and efficient manner
on a daily basis.
- Routes product accordingly within the department. Follows all
the safety regulations and procedures. Able to identify potential
hazards in the work area.
- Able to operate various machines, equipment or tools used in
- Attends all scheduled safety meetings.
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATION
- A minimum of 3 months to one year of prior related experience
- Applies basic and develops advanced skills in procedures,
techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to
area of specialization.
- Must have good working ability with hand tools.
- Able to distinguish among the different colors available and
measurement of products.
- Knowledge of basic math skills, reading and interpreting
blueprints, use of tape measure, and knowledge of various machines,
manufacturing or assembly processes is preferred.
- Must be flexible with required working hours, including
- Must be flexible within the department and willing to flex to
other departments as neededPhysical Requirements:Must be able to
lift a minimum of 50 pounds to chest and shoulder level.
Occasionally push and/or pull up to 100 pounds with a manual or
electrical pallet jack. Must be able to withstand 8 to 10 hours on
a concrete surface. Will be using hydraulic and electrical hand
tools, such as the pneumatic drill, glue gun, hammer, and rivet
machine. Must wear applicable and proper protective equipment
including, but not limited to, protective eye and/or hearing
equipment to safely perform job duties. Must be able to adjust
physically to normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate
heat and cold) and adapt quickly to physical applications requiring
varying motor skills. This job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Virco MFG. Corpoation, Conway , Production Associate, Entry 1st shit WoodShop Lami, Professions , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!