Company: Central Arkansas Workforce Development Area
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job Description of Material Handler:
The Material Handler moves and dispositions process wire from the
Base Mill, and stages this material for use in Fine Drawing. This
job requires the ability to enter and safely move about the
production area of the plant, utilizing the proper personal
protective equipment. This job requires operating a lift truck for
a significant period of time. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee may also be
exposed to a variety of extreme outside weather conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities of Material Handler:
- Haul process from one area to the holding area or out onto the
- Haul all trash off of production floor, out of lube rooms, out
of wash rooms, from around stripper table, from around die wrapping
area, from around die cabinets.
- Haul out all scrap. Wire barrels fronts and backs, around
stripper table, all stripper spools N/S/SW. Also haul out the
doughnuts from the stripper table.
- Also haul all run material out to designated machines.
- Haul out the torch hopper when full.
- Put out stripper spools A, B, C and D lube systems.
- Band up the stripper table when full and change out.
- Get full lube totes to lube rooms. Remove all empty totes from
- On occasion haul the PP scrap when they are shorthanded and
- Sit in all backups in production area
- Keep holding area organized by products.
- Haul empty grey wire reels to PP stripper area.
- Fill in for Material Handlers, if necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Qualification & Requirements of Material Handler:
- All hiring decisions are contingent on the selectee passing
background check and drug screening.
- High school diploma or general education degree required
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or similar
About The Central Arkansas Workforce Development Area
The Central Arkansas Workforce Development Centers specialize in
recruiting and placing skilled professionals in a variety of
industries on behalf of employers in Central Arkansas. We help
people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses.
CAPDD/Arkansas Workforce Center is an "equal opportunity
employer/program," and "auxiliary aids and services are available
upon request to individuals with disabilities." Arkansas Relay
Service: 1-800-285-1121 (Voice) 1-800-285-1131 (TDD) or TDD
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Central Arkansas Workforce Development Area, Conway , Material Handler, Professions , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!