Mgr, Mrkt Logistics Mgmnt
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Company:US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources
Services, LLCZip Code:77077Minimum Level of Education:Bachelor's
DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:5 YearsEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage:Up to 25%JOB SUMMARY:Primary function of the
MLM is to function between Sysco Corp and with OpCo Merchandising
and Operations personnel to orchestrate optimization efforts around
inbound transportation, to maximize efficiency and freight margin.
A Market Logistics Manager has significant influence and
accountability over a market's freight revenue and margin. On
average this is $227MM Revenue and $72MM LEI per market. Their
decisions have direct impact on OpCo LEI performance. Additionally
an MLM has responsibility to implement in their market strategic
initiatives around business process improvement that directly
impact cost per case, load fill and supply chain performance.
Finally, the MLM trains OpCo personnel in inbound logistics
- Assist in development of appropriate policies and programs,
perform high level opportunity assessment, lead implementation and
maintain reporting and accountabilities.
- Coordinate and collaboration with Corporate, Market and OpCo
management to implement projects and policies to support
achievement of objectives and increase OpCo performance.
- Participate in the development and lead the implementation of
continuous improvement initiatives supporting cost and service
- Direct supervision over day to day activities of 6-8 direct
reports; providing guidance, accountability, training and support
to Logistics CoordinatorsQUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High School Diploma with minimum 6 years professional work
experience; Bachelor's degree preferredExperience
- 5 years in a cross functional supply chain / project management
role preferredProfessional Skills:
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to
effectively communicate with senior business leaders.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Uses appropriate methods and flexible interpersonal style to
help work cross functionally and develop buy in through influence
facilitating the completion of goals.
- Understand complicated, detailed information and demonstrate
ability to convey this to team members in a concise manner.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition, i.e.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, including but not
limited to MS Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPointPhysical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to
operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by
this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.Reasonable
accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.This job description supersedes
prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and
develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes
of business necessity.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on
Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE
PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Conway , Mgr, Mrkt Logistics Mgmnt, Professions , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!