Underwriter - New Business/Renewal (Truck) - Remote Position
Company: Aegis Security Insurance
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Aegis General Energy, a unit of the Aegis General Insurance
Agency, a wholly owned subsidiary of K2 Insurance Services, LLC, is
seeking a full-time Underwriter to join its team. This position is
remote based out of their Conway, AR office.Aegis General Insurance
Agency, acquired by San Diego-based K2 Insurance Services in 2013,
Aegis continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by
developing new insurance programs and increasing the number and
geographic diversity of its marketing, sales, and support
staff.Aegis offers the opportunity to join an established company
in growth mode. Our compensation program includes competitive pay;
bonus plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting
period; paid time-off in year of hire; and 401(k) with employer
match.About the roleThis level position underwrites assigned risks
under general direction. Has a greater underwriting authority and
handles large accounts and/or more complex risks
- The role will be responsible for underwriting auto
- Communicate risk appetite and Retail Casualty Value Proposition
- Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be
- Recognize and create cross selling opportunities
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and deal structure with
brokers and clients.
- Participate in special underwriting projects as needed.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and
clients to profitably grow a book of business.
- Working with their manager, develop an individual business plan
that is in line with product strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining risk selection in adherence with
product guidelines and for achieving rate, renewal retention and
new business goals.
- Provide mentoring and training to less experience
- Provide superior customer service to agents and
clients.TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+ years of Commercial Insurance UNDERWRITING
experience focused on Auto/Trucking
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional
- Advanced working knowledge of lines of business in a specific
Retail Casualty line of business including product features, forms,
regulatory environments and risks etc. (i.e. Environmental, Excess
or Primary Casualty, NA Auto, WC, AL, GL, DBA, Foreign
- Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment,
adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide
range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a
- Comfort with analytical tools and technology.
Keywords: Aegis Security Insurance, Conway , Underwriter - New Business/Renewal (Truck) - Remote Position, Other , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!