Expert Database Developer
Posted on: January 2, 2019
As an Expert Database Developer and Administrator, you will design, implement and maintains database processes and will be responsible for support, install, and maintenance of critical databases. This position also will potentially have the responsibility for Team Leadership of the Database team.What you'll do:
- Fully functional and self-directed
- Provides formal mentorship
- Owner of high complexity assignments
- Owner of one or more moderate complexity assignments
- Provides oversight or review of low complexity assignments
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- Sees the whole picture and adjusts work accordingly
- Responsible for designing database structures based on business requirements and goal, client operations, applications and objectives and evaluating current system. Build database solutions based on proposed design; defining database physical structure, security, back-up and recovery specifications.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining data and data structures -- data definitions, flow diagrams; logical and physical data models; data strategy and policies. Develop architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages of the solution.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to maintain production and non-production databases
- Coordinating with outside entities, including vendors.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years' experience working as DBA / Senior DBA supporting production databases.
- Act as a consultant on the best use of database systems for the production teams who depend on them
- Hands on experience with database upgrades (Oracle patch and version upgrades).
- Experience handling Oracle 11g / 12c
- Experience using Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience with data migration across databases.
- Hands-on Oracle database administration support of Oracle databases
- Unix Shell Scripting experience
- Database Performance Monitoring and Tuning skills
- Patching and upgrading databases
- Capacity Planning
- Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to project management. Strong proficiency in English is required.
- Candidates must be confident to make technical decisions.
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
*No relocation is offered for this role.
Primary Location City/State:Conway, ArkansasAdditional Locations (if applicable):Austin, Downers Grove - Butterfield, Homebased - Conway, New YorkAcxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.
Keywords: Acxiom, Conway , Expert Database Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!