Paper Machine Shift Supervisor
Company: Green Bay Packaging
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Paper Machine Shift Supervisor
Management & Supervision
Arkansas Kraft Division
Reporting to the Paper Machine Manager the Paper Machine Shift
Supervisor for the Arkansas Kraft Division will have operating
responsibility for safety, quality, cost, productivity, and
management of the Paper Machines, Secondary Fiber and Shipping
- Maintaining a steadfast commitment to
safety and environmental stewardship.
- Providing strong leadership by leading the initiative of safe
work practices by championing new ideas, learning from events,
communicating with the team and development of an empowered, highly
motivated operational crew.
- Communicating and reinforcing the mill's running objectives,
sustaining the highest operational quality and productivity
- Working closely with the area production Superintendents to
execute objectives consistent with the Arkansas Kraft Division's
vision and strategy.
- Leading and developing operational crews in activities around
quality and operational improvements; by enhancing operational
knowledge, and coordinating with maintenance support to improve
substandard facilities, and maintain a reliable and sustainable
- A degreed and experienced paper mill operations supervisor is
preferred, experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- The Paper Machine Shift Supervisor should have at least 3 years
of progressively more accountable operations supervisory experience
ideally within the paper industry. While qualified candidates may
come from outside the paper industry, it is expected that they will
have similar experience in a highly automated process manufacturing
environment, and be accustomed to large-scale production in a
commodity driven low-cost business.
- While expertise in all aspects of paper machine operations is
vital, it is equally important that the successful candidate have a
proven record of developing and implementing training within
- Qualified candidates will have a keen business acumen, combined
with strong fiscal awareness and understanding -as it relates to
cost control/reduction, particularly in response to immediate and
critical operational decisions.
- In addition to a full complement of leadership skills -
including the ability to lead teams in a union environment - it is
also important for the Paper Machine Shift Supervisor to bring
knowledge of personnel development and maintenance coordination.
Incorporating continuous improvement processes and best practices
will be keys to the success of the Paper Machine Shift
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working
conditions and maintaining good housekeeping practices.
Compensation & Benefits
Green Bay Packaging offers a competitive salary and an excellent
benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug,
Vision, Life, LTD/STD, and Company matching 401(k).
The Arkansas Kraft Division is a fully integrated pulp and
containerboard mill utilizing a sustainable combination of virgin
fiber and recycled fiber to produce high quality kraft linerboard
and corrugating medium.
Keywords: Green Bay Packaging, Conway , Paper Machine Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Morrilton, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!