Team Leader, Entry - 1st Shift - Metal Shop
Company: Virco MFG. Corpoation
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionSafety Statement:This is a safety sensitive
position.Job Purpose:Will be assisting the supervisor by overseeing
a group of employees and maintaining inventory of components daily.
- Takes charge of department when the supervisor and/or team
leader is away.
- Tracks attendance of employees daily.
- Enforces Safety, Quality, and Housekeeping core operating
- Assist supervisor/team leader in the supervision, control, and
discipline of employees.
- Coaches employees on conduct, job performance monthly,
technical deficiencies and documents accordingly.
- Notifies supervisor/team leader immediately regarding any
concerns pertaining to the department and/or employees.
- Sets the production runs.
- Checks the inventory for materials necessary to complete the
- Feeds material to the production lines and interfaces with the
- Checks the equipment to see if it is operating properly, safely
and is ready for production.
- Continually checks quality of parts being produced, making sure
all safety equipment is used correctly.
- Checks work orders to assure correct parts are ordered that
will be needed for production.
- Fills out timecards for agency personnel, and other necessary
- Conducts safety meetings and fills out accident reports in
cases of injury.
- Verifies the quantities of the product produced to prevent over
runs or under runs.
- Obtains the necessary purchased parts from stores and provides
labels for the finished products.
- Periodically assists in orienting and training lower level
- Assists the supervisor and/or team leader with employees'
- Able to work in a team of employees.
- Follows and implements all safety regulations and
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
- Will be using hydraulic and electrical hand tools, such as the
electric pallet jack, pneumatic drill, glue gun, hammer, and rivet
- Performs other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications:
- A minimum of one year of prior related skills is
- Demonstrates leadership ability in keeping production running
and familiarity with parts, components and tools.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to motivate
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Needs to be flexible with required working hours, including
- Good basic math skills.
- Able to troubleshoot and make effective decisions within the
- Able to manage the department when the supervisor is away.
- Commercial driver's license is needed for Vehicle Repair
- Must be able to speak EnglishPreferred Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable on company's policies and procedures. Physical
Requirements:Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to chest
and shoulder level. Occasionally pushes and/or pulls up to 100
pounds with a manual or electrical pallet jack. Able to withstand 8
to 10 hours standing on a concrete surface. Must wear applicable
and proper protective equipment including, but not limited to,
protective eye and/or hearing equipment to safely perform job
duties. Will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, dust, heat,
cold, gas, and/or fumes. Must be able to adjust physically to
normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate heat and
cold) and to adapt quickly to physical applications requiring
varying motor skills. This job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Virco MFG. Corpoation, Conway , Team Leader, Entry - 1st Shift - Metal Shop, Hospitality & Tourism , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!