Licensed Practical Nurse (or RN) - Mon.-Wed. 6:30am-8:30am & 5:00pm-7:00pm and PRN
Company: Independent Living Services
Posted on: June 17, 2022
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
All applicants must have a smart phone or tablet with internet
access and location capabilities.
While this position specifies responsibilities, requirements and
duties in certain operational areas, this person is an employee of
Creative Living, Inc. and will be expected to respond to such
requests not specifically contained herein. This person must
maintain the attitude that he/she works for the total organization,
and as such exhibit proper cooperation, enthusiasm and interest in
all areas deemed necessary for the continuing success of
Independent Living Services, Inc./Creative Living, Inc. (ILS/CLI)
services. Knowledge of all ILS/CLI Policies and Procedures are
required, with special emphasis on the Employee Handbook.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will be under the administrative
supervision of the R.N. The LPN is a member of the
interdisciplinary team. The LPN will demonstrate competence in the
administration of medication and in assuring adequate health care
of residents. The LPN will provide instructional training to
residents in health related areas including self-administration of
medications and sexual knowledge.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General duties and guiding principles:
* Focus first on the person being served, and understand that my
role in direct supports will require flexibility, creativity, and
* Know and respect the values of the people I support and
facilitate their expression of choices related to those values.
* Provide advocacy when the individual's preferences, needs, or
talents are neglected or overlooked.
* Encourage growth and recognize the autonomy of the individuals
receiving services while also being attentive reducing their risk
* Develop relationships with the individuals I support that are
respectful, based on mutual trust, and that maintains professional
* Address challenging behaviors proactively and respectfully, using
methods outlined in the ILS Employee Handbook, and follow any
behavior management plans in effect for specific individuals.
* Help individuals I support understand and express their rights
* Recognize that each individual I provide services to has
potential for lifelong learning and growth.
* Assist the individuals I support to understand their options and
the possible consequences of their options as they relate to their
physical and emotional health and well being.
* Be conscious of my own values and how they influence my
* Maintain competency in my profession through continued learning
and attending and being an active participant in staff meetings and
* Assume responsibility and accountability for my actions and
* Recognize the importance of modeling valued behaviors to
co-workers, individuals receiving services, and the community at
* Practice responsible work habits.
* Being on time for work
* Completing all necessary documentation to assure compliance with
all state and federal regulations. These may include, but are not
limited to: daily data sheets and clinic notes, attendance logs,
time records, incident reports, behavior reports, accident reports,
seizure reports, etc.
* Maintaining strict confidentiality for all consumer information,
and facility operations
1. Shall assist residents in ongoing health related skills,
self-administration of medications and/or sexual knowledge as
indicated in the individual program plan (IPP).
2. As a member of the interdisciplinary team shall assess and
report residents' health related needs in the development and
implementation of the IPP, as assigned.
3. Provide staff with in-service instructions as needed in health
related areas as it applies to residents.
4. Responsible for documentation and completion of forms or
reports, as required according to ICF-MR regulations.
JOB DESCRIPTION - LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
PAGE TWO (2)
5. Maintain all medications and medication cabinet in compliance
with ICF-MR regulations.
6. Assure the first aid kits in the van and in the medication
cabinet have needed items.
7. Responsible for the follow through on medical orders by the
consulting physician, RN, family Physician, Pharmacist and
participate in all resident medical reviews.
8. Be responsible to assure that each medication error has a
corresponding incident/accident report which is submitted to the RN
as well as the Administrator/QMRP.
9. Implement and maintain accurate medical records for
10. Implement and maintain monthly duties on nursing
11. Attend staff meeting(s) as scheduled.
12. Coordinates weekend LPN Work Schedules.
13. Perform other duties as assigned that are within the realm of
this job description.
Must hold a valid, active license for Licensed Practical Nurse.
This person must be able to operate a vehicle; possess a valid AR
driver's license in good standing and a good driving record for the
last three years and ability to be insured as a CLI driver through
This person must provide proof of current vehicle liability
Ability to lift at a minimum of 25 pounds.
Ability to observe behavior and determine needs based on these
Ability to evaluate, review and maintain all records pertaining to
residents' medical/health needs.
Ability to function within the team process in the assessment of
residents' needs and the implementation of programs in meeting
Knowledge of training techniques and strategies as they apply to
the developmentally disabled.
Knowledge in the area of sexual instruction.
Ability to communicate clearly with staff and consumers through use
of telephone and other verbal means.
Ability to follow necessary procedures in case of fire/tornado or
other emergency situation.
Must be free from communicable diseases as evidenced by TB skin
test or chest x-ray annually.
Knowledge and experience of working with people with developmental
disabilities is helpful.
See Employee Handbook - Section 201-A FRINGE BENEFITS. Eligibility
depends on category of classification and hours worked.
NOTE: Part time employees working less than 30 hours per week do
not qualify for benefits.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
Keywords: Independent Living Services, Conway , Licensed Practical Nurse (or RN) - Mon.-Wed. 6:30am-8:30am & 5:00pm-7:00pm and PRN, Healthcare , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!