Company: Independent Living Services
Posted on: September 18, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTIONTRANSPORTATION MANAGER GENERAL STATEMENT:While
this position specifies responsibilities, requirements and duties
in certain operational areas, this person is an employee at will of
Independent Living Services, Inc. and will be expected to respond
to such requests not specifically contained herein. This person
must maintain the attitude that he/she works for the total
organization, and as such, exhibit proper cooperation, enthusiasm
and interest in all areas deemed necessary for the continuing
success of ILS programs. Knowledge of the ILS Policy and Personnel
Manuals is required. JOB SUMMARY:The Transportation Manager works
directly under the supervision of the Executive Director. Position
will involve computer use of various programs, i.e.,
Excel/Access/Microsoft Word. They will perform related
responsibilities as required or assigned. It is important this
person has a good working relationship with other managers,
families, and individuals served. It is the responsibility of this
employee to be familiar with ILS Policies and Procedures and to
work in such a way that supervision and services are provided in an
effective manner consistent with policies, procedures of ILS and
Federal and State laws/regulations. It is also the responsibility
of this person to be familiar with transportation rules and
regulations. This is a salaried position. JOB DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:General duties and guiding principles:
- Focus first on the person being served, and understand that my
role in direct supports will require flexibility, creativity, and
- Know and respect the values of the people I support and
facilitate their expression of choices related to those
- Provide advocacy when the individual's preferences, needs, or
talents are neglected or overlooked.
- Encourage growth and recognize the autonomy of the individuals
receiving services while also being attentive reducing their risk
- Develop relationships with the individuals I support that are
respectful, based on mutual trust, and that maintains professional
- Address challenging behaviors proactively and respectfully,
using methods outlined in the ILS Employee Handbook, and follow any
behavior management plans in effect for specific individuals.
- Help individuals I support understand and express their rights
- Recognize that each individual I provide services to has
potential for lifelong learning and growth.
- Assist the individuals I support to understand their options
and the possible consequences of their options as they relate to
their physical and emotional health and well being.
- Be conscious of my own values and how they influence my
- Maintain competency in my profession through continued learning
and attending and being an active participant in staff meetings and
- Assume responsibility and accountability for my actions and
- Recognize the importance of modeling valued behaviors to
co-workers, individuals receiving services, and the community at
- Practice responsible work habits.
- Being on time for work
- Completing all necessary documentation to assure compliance
with all state and federal regulations. These may include, but are
not limited to: daily data sheets and clinic notes, attendance
logs, time records, incident reports, behavior reports, accident
reports, seizure reports, etc.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality for all consumer
information, and facility operations Job Duties:
- Direct Transportation Operations
- Inspects all aspects transportation services for the purpose of
ensuring that transportation activities are completed efficiently,
and within regulatory requirements.
- Providing services within established time frames
- Ensure Routes transportation Routes are in place
- Oversees vehicle preventative maintenance programs and
activities for the purpose of ensuring vehicles are maintained in a
safe and effective operating condition.
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. bid
specifications, correspondence, memos, reports, policy/procedures,
etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying
- Researches new equipment / vehicles, laws, regulations, etc.
for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and proper
maintenance of fleet
- Implements Safety Program
- Site Inspections
- Responds to emergency situations during and after standard
hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Be a "role model" for individuals served by ILS and a
representative of Independent Living Services, Inc.
- Be familiar with all ILS/CL emergency procedures, especially
those that are related to operating a vehicle
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training provided by ILS
and/or other training activities as needed or required
- Other duties as needed.
- Directly supervises all transportation staff:
- Interview, recommends new hires, promotions termination and
transfers for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. supervising, counseling,
disciplining, directing, training, etc.) for the purpose of
maintaining adequate staffing
- Ensure the completion of required paperwork for the operation
of the vehicle(s) such as ATA reports, ILS maintenance checklist,
accident/incident reports, etc.
- Train staff in duties and responsibilities
- Make work assignments and monitors work progress of
- Evaluates the performance of the transportation staff annually.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and
employee will also perform other reasonable related job duties as
assigned. This organization reserves the right to revise or change
job duties as the need arises. This job description does not
constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Independent
Living Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, orientation,
religion, disability, ethnicity, origin, marital status, or veteran
status. QUALIFICATIONS:The formal education equivalent of a high
school diploma; plus two years specialized training in either
transportation or management in developmental disability field;
have strong computer software skills, have basic knowledge of
general office skills and equipment i.e. typing, computer, filing,
calculator, copy & fax machine.; Must maintain a current CPR and
First Aid Certification, complete a minimum of 12 hours of
continuing education annually, This person must be able to operate
a vehicle; have a good driving record, communicate clearly with
people through good verbal and writing skills; and be able to do
occasional lifting up to 40 pounds Drivers must have no health
conditions that would compromise the safety of the passengers in
their care while operating the vehicle. A driver will need a
current health examination in their personnel file. Drug testing
will be a part of the health exam with no cost to the employee.
This will need to be completed annually. A driver must have vision
of 20/40 corrected, normal hearing in both ears and be free of any
medical conditions that could endanger the safety of the passengers
(such as blood pressure problems, diabetes, epilepsy, etc.).
BENEFITS: See Employee Handbook - Section 201 - 201A. Benefits
eligibility is based on category classification and hours worked
per week. NOTE: Part-time employees working less than 30 hours
weekly do not qualify for benefits.
___________________________Employee Signature Date
___________________________Supervisor Signature Date REV: 12/16
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Independent Living Services, Conway , Transportation Manager, Executive , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!