Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on: February 4, 2019
The IT infrastructure needed to seamlessly manage Acxiom's transformational marketing solutions is impressive, challenging and requires the best networking, systems administration, systems security and infrastructure architecture talent available. The team is working on exciting IaaS technologies including cloud management and SDN.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of infrastructure systems that support our clients and core organization. You will achieve this by analyzing the environment, making recommendations on standards and help establish new processes revolving around patching, system provisioning and deployment and automation of daily operating tasks. You will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems.What you will do:
- Automate Public and Private cloud environments by utilizing tools such as Chef, VMware vRealize Automation, VMware vROPs, VMware Log Insight and Foreman.
- Architect and build systems in both AWS (Multi-region) and Axiom Private cloud.
- Architect and build VMware vSphere/ESXi 6.5 clusters in a multi-site environment.
- Configuration Management of servers with Chef.
- Utilize scripting languages such as: ruby, python, bash, and powershell.
- Follow a continuous deployment, continuous integration model for server provisioning and application deployment.
- Set configuration standards for automation, virtualization, storage and Linux systems.
- Address escalated infrastructure issues, and monitor infrastructure components for performance, capacity, failures, and uptime.
- Work within strict time frames following change management protocols to provide maximum uptime.
- Implement, review, and adhere to security policies along with working with audit teams.
- Research and remediate system vulnerabilities.
- Interact and coordinate with architects, vendors, hardware engineers, operating system engineers, and internal business partners.
- Professionally represent the Engineering and Delivery team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain documentation of all infrastructure related components including build and modifications.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing "Always On" support.
What you will need:
- Senior level in working with Chef, cookbooks, and recipes.
- Extensive scripting experience with Ruby, python, bash and other scripting type languages.
- Automation experience in Public and Private cloud environments, with a strong understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Experience in continuous deployment and lifecycle management using tools such as git, stash, and Jenkins.
- Senior Linux engineering skills, and working knowledge of Windows.
- Infrastructure Component Requirements:
- VMware: 2+ years hands on administration and automation of VMware environments.
- Netapp and/or IBM and/or Dell/EMC: 2+ years hands on administrator of SAN, direct-attached and local storage.
- Experience managing Intel based server technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years' experience; or equivalent work experience. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
What will set you apart:
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation and Operations, along with Chef, Foreman and Katello.
- Experience with operating systems including VSphere ESXi, Red Hat, CentOS and Oracle Enterprise Linux.
- Experience configuring and administrating high availability clusters, and disaster recovery implementations.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking and Storage.
- Knowledge in Security compliance including PCI and SOX.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco UCS environments.
- Experience supporting cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with multiple scripting/programming languages including Python, Ruby, JAVA, .NET, and Powershell.
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Experience with project management collaboration tools and processes including Jira, Confluence, and Scrum.
- VMware: Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- Linux: Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Windows: MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, MCP
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certified.
- AWS certifications.
- CISSP Certified.
Primary Location City/State:Austin, TexasAdditional Locations (if applicable):ConwayAcxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.
Keywords: Acxiom, Conway , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!