Product Safety Engineer - Spartan Mowers
Company: The Toro Company
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Who Are We? The Intimidator Group, LLC was founded in
Batesville, Arkansas in 2013 with the all-American, hardworking
values they were raised with. Since then, the company has grown
into several brands including Intimidator UTVs, Spartan Mowers, Bad
Dawg Accessories, and eNVy Neighborhood Vehicles. Now part of The
Toro Company family of brands - we are excited to be part of a
growing, innovative organization and invite you to join our team!
Intimidator is part of The Toro Company brands. The Product Safety
Engineer leads the development of Intimidator Group product safety
policies and procedures. Represents Intimidator Group on pertinent
domestic and international technical societies and standards
organizations committees. Serves in a consultative capacity to the
TTC Legal Department regarding worldwide response to product
compliance concerns. What Will You Do? In order to grow and build a
successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible
- Tracks safety and regulatory compliance status of divisional
products and ensures that Intimidator Group teams meet their safety
and regulatory compliance requirements prior to production and
through product shipment release.
- Verify safety and regulatory compliance documentation:
- Construction and storage of technical files
- European Union risk assessment documents
- As necessary, works with third-party consultant to obtain
certification and type-approvals for other global markets.
- Collaborates with Intimidator Group product development teams
on product safety and regulatory worldwide compliance including:
- Evaluates and interprets U.S. and International product safety
and regulatory standards to ensure divisional products meet all
standards required for the markets they are sold into.
- Provides safety and regulatory related design guidance for
product development teams.
- Evaluates updates to current standards and implements new
requirements to existing and new products.
- Reviews all divisional operators' manuals for safety messaging
and compliance with standards.
- Reviews and assists in development of all safety and regulatory
- Lead or assist in coordinating proactive safety reviews of all
- Lead and coordinate action plans for resolving identified
safety issues in a timely manner.
- As appropriate, works with third-party certification bodies and
third-party consultants to obtain global certifications.
- Serves as liaison to the Legal Department and works
collaboratively with Legal on safety and regulatory compliance
topics as well as in developing internal safety policies and
practices and in developing new industry safety and regulatory
- Supports Legal on investigations and claims resolution
- Collaborates with other product safety engineers across the
- Supports compliance to the Corporate Product Safety Policy and
- Participates in applicable specialization group activities,
e.g. Battery Specialization Group .
- Perform other related duties as apparent or assigned. What Do
You Need? To be considered for this role, an individual should meet
the following minimal requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; Agronomy,
Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electrical, Engineering Technology, or
Business Management. A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in the
power equipment industry or similar industries with regulatory
compliance requirements (i.e., Automotive, Aviation, Medical, etc.)
with two plus years of supervisory experience. Has demonstrated
exceptionally high level of competency in creativity, productivity
and decision making over an extended period of time through
successful completion of multiple projects.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude. Strong communication
and organizational skills.
- MS Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in a test engineering environment is highly
desirable. Experience in agronomy and/or turf care business is
desirable. Engineer I-Min of 0-2 years experienceEngineer III- Min
of 4-7 years experienceEngineer IV-Min of 7+ years experience What
Can We Give You? At Spartan Mowers, we are always working to make
sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a
competitive salary, an affordable and top tier
medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits -
Spartan Mowers offers employees at our Batesville, AR location a
variety of perks, including: Dress for your day - We know you're
more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are
encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended
environment. Wellness - In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC
offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other
types of resources to every full-time employee. Volunteerism - The
Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to
volunteer in the community. Growth Opportunities - TTC prides
itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers.
Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of
interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills,
experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired
at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are
dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental
status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information
(including family medical history), political affiliation, military
service, or other non- merit based factors. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: The Toro Company, Conway , Product Safety Engineer - Spartan Mowers, Engineering , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...