Special Education Teacher
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Teach students basic academic, social, and other formative
skills through instruction in one or more subjects. Promote
physical, mental and social development. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Identify the educational needs of students then develop formal
educational plan or program to meet those needs.
- Create lesson plans to teach a subject(s) and teach students
how to study or communicate with others.
- Observe student to evaluate their educational abilities,
strengths and weaknesses, working with them to improve their
abilities and work on their weaknesses.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups or
- Communicate with family members, counselors, administrators and
other teachers on progress.
- Work with students individually to help overcome specific
learning challenges, prepare students for standardized tests, as
required by state.
- Document educational plans, goals and progress, as required by
the facility and the state where the facility is located.
- Supervise classroom and maintain a positive environment for
- Develop and enforce classroom rules and administrative
- Supervise students outside of the classroom setting, such as at
lunch time or during detention.
- Adhere to treatment plans and participate in treatment team
meetings as requested.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field which is
eligible for teacher certification or license in the State of
- Minimum experience required is at least one year of working
directly with children and youths who have a variety of
disabilities with Behavioral/Mental Health Issues. -
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Conway , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!