Front Office Assistant
Posted on: April 16, 2019
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT
Conway, AR (805 Oak Street)
Customer Service - Front Office
General Position Description:
The Front Office Assistant will be responsible for greeting
patients, activating patient files, and provide support to patients
and medical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and
models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is
clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of
* Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer
feel informed, understood, and special.
* An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and
feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks
and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of
success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
* Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Welcome all MedExpress patients and visitors by greeting them in
person, answering inquiries, and directing them through the
* Answering multi-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning
documentation, and completing daily patient callbacks.
* Discharge patients, assist office and clinical staff, and close
office at the end of the night.
* Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics,
process payments, post patient balances, and complete phone
* Maintain a neat and clean work environment and professional
appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety
Other center staff if applicable.
* 1 year of prior customer service OR experience in a medical
office setting required.
* Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
* Knowledge of basic computer software and the ability to learn
Electronic Medical Records.
* Communicates well with patients and medical staff.
* Ability to follow OSHA/HIPAA guidelines.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise
level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to
infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires:
travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at
a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual
dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown,
West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate
neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to
making sure patients in communities across the country have access
to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely
positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S.
healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of
Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing
power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need
individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize
opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed
our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a
physician in our center or part of our IT team in our
administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to
life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our
teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed.
* Competitive salaries and benefits
* Flexibility and balance
* Development opportunities
* Appreciation and recognition
* Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience
- one patient at a time.
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and
appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will
not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age,
race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, status with respect to public assistance or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: MedExpress, Conway , Front Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Conway, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!